29 Dec, 2017
2018 World Wood Day International Woodcarving Show will take place from March 19-25. The focus of this year will be each artist's interpretation of the theme “Life”. We encourage every participant to use native creativity to express their own understanding on a wood slab collaboratively joined by 3-5 wood carvers. IWCS is proud to present a series of woodcarving activities including wood slab sculpting collaboration, public presentations, sharing sessions and on-site exhibition at Angkor Wat, Cambodia. We expect to welcome 120 participants from 75 countries and regions to this program. Please join us for a very special week exploring diverse variety of woodcarving artistry and intercultural exchange.
Entry Qualifications and Regulations:
- Open for artists around the world at all skill levels from beginner to the accomplished.
- Applicants who are below 18 years of age shall not be accepted without the written consent of their parents or guardians.
- Basic techniques to relief woodcarving is required.
- Artists shall bring one completed art piece for onsite exhibition. The piece must be original and individual creation.
Submission Deadline: 31 st January 2018, PST
- The application shall be submitted via email. Please download the Entry form here.
- Fill out all fields in the form with the requested information in detail and provide photos of your previous works. Applications without complete information or the required documents will not be accepted. If you have not received a reply from the program coordinator within a week, please send inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of the selection by email.